COORDINATORS & ORGANIZERS
FORMAT AND METHODS
The course discusses the workplace as an interdisciplinary area between research and practice. The course encompasses:
Will include the following topics:
- The history of the workplace in the 20th century
- Organizational changes
- The role of Corporate Real Estate Management
- What workplaces look like nowadays: working everywhere
- Ergonomics in the workplace
- Facilities management: an evolving discipline
- Workplace strategies: how to think strategically
- The role of an architect in the project of a workplace
- The impact of the workplace at the urban scale
- Case studies: stories of change management.
Includes visits to three atypical workplaces:
- Corporate workplace
- Co-working space
- Third space as a workplace.
Will be organized by simulating the encounter with a potetial clinet, who asks for a workplace change. Students will build up interdisciplinary teams, and work on a studio-like project for developing the following themes:
- Evaluation of localization in the city context
- SWOT analysis of the existing space
- Creation of concept and the related communication strategies
- Reconfiguration of the spatial layout
- Organization of proximities and walking paths in the space
- Migration and change management.
For class completion, participants need to attend the lectures and the guided tours, and take part in the exercises. Participants are asked to work in groups and collaborate in the studio project.
At the end of the course, each project will be presented in front of professors from Politecnico di Milano, from Cornell, and client representatives.
Program certificates will be issued after the students have completed all class sessions.
Politecnico students will gain CFU for workshop/intership
Practitioners and researchers can gain training credits for the Milan Order Architects
All participants will be provided with a continuous training document
ADMISSION (max. 40 participants)
Applicants will be selected based on their:
- Short CV (list only the experiences that are coherent with the topic of the course)
- Age (priority is given to younger applicants)
Applications for Politecnico students
From March 4 to June 1
Communication of acceptance: June 3
Registration due to: June 7
Applications for externals
From March 4 to May 4
Communication of acceptance: May 6
Registration due to: May 10
COSTS (REGISTRATION FEE)
The registration fee must be paid within 5 working days after the communication of acceptance.